What does it take to design and create a great looking report in Power BI? Do you have a clear understanding of what tools and techniques you should use every time? Recently the owners of PowerBI.Tips had the pleasure of speaking with Reza Rad’s user group on the fundamentals we use to build great looking reports every day.
This presentation focuses on the basic concepts and things we do for every report. This one isn’t about all the unique features we love talking about leveraging, but rather the nuts and bolts that you can use to make every report shine.
We’d invite you to join us by watching the video where we cover these fundementals in depth.
- Discover insights. Who is your audience and what questions can you ask to drive into those key metrics
- Define and outline the process for developing key visuals based on those insights
- How can you create and use a background to enhance the look & feel of your report
- Creating a consistent theme that you can re-use again and again
- Using tools like Themes, Scrims or Layouts to help you make this experience more achievable
Designing a Great Power BI Report
If you like the content from PowerBI.Tips please follow us on all the social outlets. Stay up to date on all the latest features and free tutorials. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Or follow us on the social channels, Twitter and LinkedIn where we will post all the announcements for new tutorials and content.
Introducing our PowerBI.tips SWAG store. Check out all the fun PowerBI.tips clothing and products:
Check out the new Merch!
The Dice Game$0.00
Azure Search – Free$0.00
Power BI Version Control Download$0.00
Left Slicer – Curved – Color Change$0.00
Escape Room – Harry Potter Edition$0.00
Google Analytics Power BI Report V2$250.00
Scrims – Versatile$0.00
Thank you Seth, for this wonderful article.