In the day to day operations of businesses speed of delivery, cost effectiveness, and satisfaction of outcome is a trifecta of challenges we run against as report authors. Picking and choosing what parts to deliver, and when, determines the overall success of a given report. However, we typically can’t do all at the same time. As a result, we need to keep in mind that there should be a process or cycle of continuous improvement to ensure we are making the biggest impact to the business. In this episode we dive into these areas and more to discuss how to improve upon our solutions and what tips & tricks you can use to ensure you are continuously improving user experience.
Ways to Improve User Experiences
A few ideas that we mull over and explore in depth are how do you elicit or collect the feedback that would prompt you as the report author to understand what areas you could improve upon. Are you performing surveys? Are you analyzing or generating reports off the metrics that you have access to via the Power BI Service to understand usage. Are you tracking and managing against the overall influx of requests or tickets and are those going down as you solve problems? Are there tools that would help you dive deep into the tracking and dependencies of a report? We answer all these and more so be sure to check out our conversation.
- Less is more – Use less visuals on a report page
- Add documentation
- MSFT open source project for tracking usage
- Build training for the report
- Have a road show for the report
- How do you measure educating users on reports
- Quarterly report surveys
- Number of people filling out survey
- Usage of report
- How many people are asking for access?
- Is the 30 day usage views, Active users
- Add a tab to explain how to use portions of the report
- Build an index report for use in Apps
- Focus on areas of the business the use Power BI the most and least
- Have open feedback sessions
If you like the content from PowerBI.Tips, please follow us on all the social outlets to stay up to date on all the latest features and free tutorials. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, and follow us on Twitter where we will post all the announcements for new tutorials and content. Alternatively, you can catch us on LinkedIn (Seth) LinkedIn (Mike) where we will post all the announcements for new tutorials and content.
As always, you’ll find the coolest PowerBI.tips SWAG in our store. Check out all the fun PowerBI.tips clothing and products: